June 25, 2015
June 22, 2015
Sunday morning I went to church in my bed. I woke up way too early Sunday morning just as I did the morning before. It's becoming harder for me to sleep-in on the weekends. I laid in bed fighting it for a good twenty minutes when I finally picked up my phone and went straight to Twitter. Most of the tweets I read off-the-bat were about what happened in Charleston last week. They weren't fear mongering, hate-filled tweets. They were tweets that brought me to tears as most of them were clips of the first service being held in the historical church since that horrible night that took 9 lives. Reading the messages from family members of the victims of what they said in court to the person who took their loved ones lives, were the most love-filled and if I dare say hopeful words that were spoken. I was deeply moved watching the clips of the congregation praise & worship during a dark time. I was moved by what the speaker said and members of the community. I will admit I felt a lot of fear for the community that night it happened. I just kept thinking, "Why? This is not what our county needs right now during so much racial controversy and divide. What is going to happen now?" I was terrified of what would happen from this. What I've seen is love and utterly pure forgiveness that can only come from a true love of God. Their example has humbled me and literally brought me to my knees.
"...hate won't win"
When my friend Milinda was taken by her husband I was so angry. Forgiveness wasn't a near thought on my mind. Love for him or his family was far from my heart. I was hurt and mad and wanted someone to pay for her life that was brutally taken. I'm incredibly grateful to these families that I have never met. I'm so thankful for them for showing what true forgiveness looks like. I appreciate them for helping me overcome, indirectly, from across the country. I hope that more people have been moved and are learning from this congregation and families that are true angels. I pray that it does't cause more damage and hurt.
Bought this beauty on eBay
Ripped the crotch out of my pants :/
From Electric Zombie (love his stuff but it's always sold out)
My mom jabbering away. xoxo
Dead. This photo. Funny story, my bro left this Men's Health mag at my parents so I took it home because it had Dwayne Johnson on the cover. Turns out he was bugged so I had to give it back. Taking stuff from siblings isn't stealing, right?
June 18, 2015
June 17, 2015
1. One of my dreams is to drive to LA and pick up this ring. I almost bought it off of the London site but got so confused about the ring sizes.
2. Last night we were on our way to cancel Ty's Planet Fitness membership & go to Tanner Park to get the rest of my steps in for the day when we passed a house with a ton of cop cars & news trucks in front of it. In perfect white trash fashion we stopped and got out of the car to check it out. I should clarify that Tyrone got out first because I get anxious about things like this and stayed in the car until he coaxed me out. He has no fear walking right up to everyone else gawking at the scene and asking what happened. My parents always did this growing up. If we heard a bunch of sirens headed south down 300 west we would jump in the truck and follow them. I would go, naturally, but I would never get out of the truck. Sadly, a 17 year old girl was ran over by her boyfriend after they were arguing. The reason why everyone was hanging around is because she was still under the SUV while they investigated the scene. The cops had some weak portable wall up that you could see right over the top of. I'm glad you actually couldn't see her though. It was dusk and that is the worst time of night for my eyesight. I'm glad I couldn't make her out.
3. We finally ended up at the park around 9:45pm. This park is really nice because you can leave your dog off of the leash and the trail is well maintained. It has wire mesh around the fence so your dog won't run off up the hills. The trail leads into Parleys Canyon. Well, there are a few different trails in this area. We usually take the one that leads to where the river ends up under the highway. People have their dogs down there running in the water and some people tube out of the tunnel under the highway but I have no clue where that even starts. I would be a little scared to do it because I'm a big chicken nearing my geriatric years. Last night it was way too dark to walk all of the way down to this spot. There are no lights that far down so it's like hiking in the canyon at night and your flashlight goes out. It's worse than just dark it's outer-darkness get-me-the-fuck out of here dark. We only went down as far as our eyes and wits would let us. I got my 10k steps in and that's all that matters.
4. About a year ago I spilled milk in my trunk and half-assed cleaning it up. The floor in my trunk is that felt cardboard type stuff so it pretty much soaked it up like a Zesta cracker. Well, the other day the water jug I have for Fred in my trunk started leaking and woke the dead milk up out of it's grave. Every time I would get in my car I thought it smelled like mildew and couldn't figure out what was going on. I had not cleaned my car in about a month so I thought maybe there was rotten food under my seat so I finally took it to the the car wash. After I pulled out all of the garbage and found no trace of rotten anything, I got in the trunk to pull out my armor-all wipes and the smell that came from it was over-powering. It finally dawned on me what it was (the water soaked floor was a pretty big sign).
Moral of the story kids: Clean up ALL of your spilled milk not just some of it. It will come back to haunt you.
5. Now that Game of Thrones is over you shouldn't hear me cry about it anymore (after today). I know I'm one of the annoying book readers that has been crying about some of the changes and you can smack some sense into me if you ever see me in REAL LIFE. I dare you! Ha! There were a few characters scenes that ended almost just like the book yet others were VERY different.
**SPOILER ALERT - stop now if you haven't seen the last episode yet.
If you do decide to keep reading this may also be the last time you read this so-called blog**
And because I can't help myself, this is where I go off the deep end. Don't say I didn't warn you.
I'll just start with the most surprise death, Jon Snow. It's not a surprise to book readers but how it went down was. Him getting stabbed by his black brothers is how it happened in the book BUT the whole bit about his uncle Benjen was total crap and it didn't happen like that. Them using his uncle to coax him out of his room is so dumb and was poorly executed. The fact that there were brothers with Jon in the Battle at Hardhome to witness the white walkers and the craziness that happened there should have only given his case of letting the Wildlings into Castle Black more legs to stand on. That alone does not make him a traitor that's just dumb. In the books he gets a letter from Ramsey Bolton saying he has killed all of these people (I'll just say that much) and pretty much antagonizes Jon in the letter so that he'll come and fight him in Winterfell. Ramsey also thinks that Jon has his sister (Fake-Arya not Sansa) and threatens to cut out his heart or something disturbing like that unless he gives her back (I'm not doing well summarizing this). It's actually just a ploy. Jon honestly believes that Arya is at Winterfell and has married Ramsey because Melisandre (red witch) told him she saw her. He doesn't know it's not really Arya. So, Jon asks if any brothers are willing to go with him and he tells them that he knows doing this will be going against his oath. The men that volunteer to go with him appear to be on his side but then end up stabbing him. That makes more sense to the whole traitor accusation. During this day Ghost is acting totally weird as if he sensed something bad was going to happen and when Jon gets stabbed, just as he falls to the ground, he cries out for Ghost. I'm so bothered that Ghost wasn't in the episode at all. Jon dying just doesn't make any sense to the entire Game of Thrones story. In the show it may make sense but there is so much focus on Jon's story and who his mother really was that I don't think he is really dead. He's too important to the overall story. Why put so much focus on him killing that White Walker with Longclaw just to kill him off? I am a believer in the popular fan theory R+L=J and Jon being able to warg (which I feel isn't a theory and is totally true). In the books the Stark kids are so closely tied with their wolves. Jon can taste blood in his mouth when Ghost has hunted and killed something. Plus, there is a lot of focus in the media right now trying make us believe that Kit Harrington isn't coming back to the show when he has said before that he is signed on through S7.
I AM IN DENIAL!!! I am still in denial that McDreamy is dead too, so what do I know?
Myrcella dying in front of Jamie and him practically confessing to her that he's her dad does not happen at all. I felt for Jamie in that moment because he has never touched or bonded with any of his incest spawn, so to have her hug him and accept him was almost touching. Almost touching until the lethal nose bleed. Now what? Trystaine is still on the boat so are they going to just kill him now to get revenge on the Martells? And then that will be the end of that story and what was the point of having Jamie and Bron even go to Dorne?? They didn't even go there in the books. So weird!
Cersei's story was pretty much on the nose even up unitl "Sir Zombie Mountain" picks her up. I loved seeing her get "shamed". I heard some people say that they felt bad for her and all I have to say is she is even more evil in the books and deserves everything that is coming to her.
Stannis dying by the hands of Brienne was nice to watch but is pretty far off from the books. There is even a chapter out from The Winds of Winter (book six yet to be released) that was released by the author. It is a "Theon" chapter where Stannis has him locked up and his interrogating him. Look it up, it's a good one. So, Stannis is not dead and you can guess if there is a "Theon" chapter that he probably survives that jump him and Sansa make. Probably. They have changed so much, who the fuck knows?
This huge Bolton army that showed up is far from reality in the books. The truth is that their central authorities are in total chaos and are falling apart. And to throw more shit in here, Mance is not actually dead. Jon sent him and his spear wives to Winterfell to cause havoc there. The Boltons have no idea what is going on and why so many men are being slain. Oh and they haven't even fought Stannis' army yet. ALSO the Greyjoys and a bunch of other people (Iron Bank, sellswords, etc.) are there on Stannis' side. You know Theon's sister? Yeah, she is there too. SO MUCH CONFUSION!!!
I think they are doing well with Dany's story except for the part where Drogon is acting like a sick puppy pouting to his mom. Spears are not going to phase that creature. I do wish they would make her look more like she is described in the books where her hair is all burned off from his fire breathing and is practically running around naked. Oh well. In the book, when she is surrounded by the heard of Drothraki, Drogon appears and is all like "What's up bitches?" And that's where that story ends.
Arya's story line is near perfection.
I do love seeing Tyrion in Mereen but Varys being there with him at the end is disappointing because in the epilogue of the last book he goes back to Kings Landing and kills Maester Pycelle and Kevan Lannister. It's the best thing ever.
OK I feel better now. I think I just needed to get that all out here because every time I start in on it at home Tyrone gives me a look like he's rethinking his marriage vows.
6. Since GoT has been over I've been binge watching Veep. It is so fucking funny. Their liberal use of the fuck word makes me so happy. I think my adoration mostly has to do with the insults they liberally throw at their co-workers.
7. I need this shirt. I've been on a biweekly schedule of ordering a new tee shirt every payday. I need to stop.
June 9, 2015
1. I hate it when I'm scrolling through blogs and the picture get blurred out because of that "pin to Pinterest" BS. I've seen other options, they exist - I wish everyone would convert to another way. I can't stand it when I'm looking at a picture and it blurrs out. It's rather frustrating and happens on everyone's blogs out there. I have to scroll through your blog with my cursor and having to move it out of the way is inconvenient for me. (Feel free to ignore this item. I'm PMS-ing hardcore)
2. I do not get the hype with this girl.
3. I can now say that I'm completely finished reading the GoT books. I had read most of the 5th book when season 5 of the show started (and already knew how it ended). It took up so much of my extra time that I don't know what I'm going to do with myself now. Maybe I should actually work on my shop and put some substantial effort into it? Speaking of GoT that episode 9 was pretty cool. Finally got to see, well this certain thing that book readers were dying to see happen on the screen. I won't be an ass and ruin it if you haven't seen it yet. To follow-up with the last complaint I had I have to say they have redeemed themselves.
4. I signed up for #GCC2015 (Global Corporate Challenge) at work which means I committed to taking 10K steps/day. I don't know why I did that. It's day 14 and I'm so tired. Only 86 more days to go. FML.
5. I've been thinking about Halloween a lot lately.
6. The other day I sent my brother and Tyrone a video of me pretend pooping. My brother threatened to post it on FB but I had already snapchatted that bitch. I won't tell you how Tyrone responded. It was in video form and that's all I will say.
7. This weekend is our 6 year wedding anniversary. We're going to spend a night in Heber and soak in the geo-thermal crater. I can't wait!
PS - anyone watch iZombie? I love it so much.
June 7, 2015
June 5, 2015
I get goosebumps and feel-goods at every single Blue October show I go to. I love them and have for a long time now. The first show Tyrone and I ever went to was a Big Ass Show when were were newly dating. Blue October was there and this was pre-skinny Justin. They were signing shit across from where we were standing at one point during the day and I was just standing there staring at them out of the corner of my eye. I couldn't even look directly at Justin because I was having a major cow. (do people still say that?) I remember taking a pic of him signing other people's bras that were not my own. That night I posted it to my MySpace wall with some disgusting caption I'm sure. I am not sure what was going through Tyrone's mind at that point but he probably thought I was a freak. This is also when he discovered what an idiot I am at a show and yet, he still married me. What I remember from that show is Yellowcard was the headliner and Hoobastank played right before them. This was when Big Ass Shows were still held at the State Fair Park. They were hot and dirty. I'm glad they have not been held there in years. I remember being semi-disappointing in Yellowcard. They were not that great live and it made me sad. I was surprised by Hoobastank and seeing them live made me really, really like them. Where is Hoobastank now? I haven't' heard jack-shit about them in a long time. I guess I could look it up. (good idea dumb ass) We had fun at this show and I will never forget it. I bet I still have the ticket stub from it. I should hunt it down and add it here.
Since then Justin is super slim (I prefer squishy Justin but that's just me) with a long devilish beard and is in a much better place. I love artists that can be upfront about their past and use it to help others in the present. He does that. I think he gets better and better as an entertainer as well and the band gets better as time goes on too. This was our second time seeing them play The Depot. It's a great venue. Not too big and the sound is great. We ended up running into our friends there and we all jumped and screamed like idiots together. It was nice and at one point I almost cried. When he started singing "Fear" I couldn't help but think of my dear Milinda. It was a much needed night during that horrible awful month of losing her.
*I'm trying to play catch-up and write about the shows we've gone to. A few months ago we sat down at the computer and bought tickets to about 4 different shows. It was sort of like an early anniversary present to ourselves.
Please note I'm not calling it "Ronnie's 3 Ring Circus" as it was advertised that way. In the past I haven't given two shits about the things that are said about Ronnie online or the things he's done. He's got a dark past and dark present. That's what happens when you're an addict and egomaniac. Trouble will follow you and some of it will be self-afflicted. Lead singers of rock bands in general are usually deeply hated or deeply loved or both. It takes a character and some ego to do what they do, so I try to ignore the bullshit. I will admit he rubbed me the wrong way just by looking at pictures of him. Maybe it was intuition telling me something. I ignored it because I like Falling in Reverse's music and I like Escape the Fate's music. Since seeing them in concert on Wednesday I've heard some disturbing news about him. There is a rape allegation out against him that supposedly happened the night of this show at The Murray Theater. It has made me sick to my stomach. I've been reading the accuser side (albeit it's third-hand info) and the defense side like crazy on FB. There's a lot of misinformation out there and it's hard to know at this point what is true. I never want to discredit a woman or man who has been raped. I'm trying to stay neutral, but I can't ignore how sick I am right now. I will feel awful if it's true if I supported him. With that said, the show was so good. Ghosttown was so freaking good too. It was fun and very entertaining. Even the stage manager that night said they were nothing but professional the entire night he worked with them. I know that doesn't mean much to whatever may have happened after the show. Anyway, I just had to get that out and say that it was a fun show. period.
June 3, 2015
1. Memorial weekend was a bust but I'm not really complaining because I was in one of those "everyone better stay away from me" kind of moods.
2. My dad got a piece of metal the size of my pinkie nail jammed into his eye on Thursday. It wedged itself right between the eyeball and the muscle which required some special specialist to get it out. A step above a regular specialist apparently. I don't like seeing my tough dad in pain.
3. Saturday and Sunday I pretty just did laundry the entire time. I thought I had cleaned, dried, folded and PUT AWAY every single item of clothing or towel we owned until I walked passed the laundry bin in my closet and noticed it was full. FULL! I almost burned it all in the tub.
4. I'm so confused with this season of GoT. It has veered so far off of the books that I am having a hard time understanding what the hell they are doing. I understand you can't follow the books exactly because the show would seriously be 5 hours long (that actually would not bother me at all) but it's way off right now. In the past they have done such a great job until now. I was kind of excited to see them take a different approach with some characters because the 4th and 5th books are mind boggling frustrating. There is so much information in them it is borderline unnecessary, plus even when you finally finish the 5th book you are still left hanging with all of the main characters. It's SO annoying! At first I liked what they were doing with Sansa but now I hate it although I do love Ramsey Bolton. He is the best villain. Episode 6 was the dumbest episode I have seen from the show this far. That fight seen in Dorne with Jamie, Bran and the Sand Snakes was comical. I almost wish they wouldn't have gone to Dorne at all because it has made that story-line muddy. I think they got a little sloppy with the writing in the last few episodes. Last night's episode was a bit better but I am still so lost with so many of the story-lines. Anyway, that was my nerdy GoT rant for the week.
5. Fred has gained some weight since we turned him into a eunuch. Everyone keeps commenting on it lately, but since I see him every day I haven't noticed that much. I hope he doesn't get a complex over it. Besides that, we have been putting coconut oil in his dog food on recommendation of a friend and it has made his coat much softer.
6. Tonight we are going to see Falling In Reverse at The Murray Theater and I'm pretty fucking excited about it. Saturday we were supposed to see Of Mice & Men but it was cancelled because the lead singer strained a vocal cord. I was pretty bummed Saturday but I have since pulled my head out. When they make it up to us it better be good and it better not be at Salt Air.
7. This list was meant to be sent last week. Obviously.