I made this NBC wreathe to go along with the Monster Wreathe I made for this holiday season.
My inspiration for the wreathe was our Christmas tree and the below pics I took on our trip to Disneyland this past October.
One day I'll try to make this clock for Halloween
I need this candelabrum in my life now!
I took the simple approach to this wreathe. I had this white wreathe already so I didn't need to go out and buy one or make one.
I added some some fake holly bits, a hand-painted striped bow and of course, a skellington head.
The bow was easy to paint, believe it or not. I couldn't find any ribbon that looked like the one from Disney so I bought some wide chalkboard ribbon and painted the stripes on myself.
Now, the skellington head was not so easy to make. I tried Model Magic because it is lightweight, but I could not get it to mold how I needed it too, so I scrapped that idea. I went back to the air-dry clay that I used for the teeth in the monster wreathe. I haven't touched clay since high school, so this was not so fun for me. For the life of me I could not get it very smooth. You can see the bumps in mine but at some point I just had to say "fuck it" and go with it. Once the clay was dry I painted it white and added black eyes and nostrils.
I had plans to make a garland with a skellington head as well, but didn't end up leaving myself enough time. Honestly, I didn't want to after I was done with this one. Maybe next year, if I can find an easier way to do it.