August 3, 2010

DIY Bandana


I've been in a bandana mood lately. I found this scrap of vintage fabric at the thrift store and decided to make a bandana out of it.


I took a bandana that I already had to use as the pattern. This was really easy. I cut out the square pattern and folded up each side, pinned it up, and sewed the around the edges twice to make a nice hem. Voila - done! This is pretty much just like making fabric napkins.




Here are a couple of different ways to wear it. I am increasingly expressing my nerdyness on here by doing stuff like this. I did this mini photo shoot in my mom's truck while I waited for her to get out of the bank.



don't mind the unwashed hair

2 comments:

kendahl a. said...

I love this! It's so simple, and so cute!

Oh, and yes I did take all of the pictures of fireworks I posted. I felt pretty good about them! I am ♥ing my camera. I took all of them in auto no-flash mode and manually focused as they went off. Now if I could just go to fireworks every weekend I'd be happy.

brandy-son Zen master flash said...

Thanks Kendahl. I figured you took those pics. Nice work! maybe one day when I get a decent camera you can teach me some tricks.