February 9, 2012

Vintage Red Cape

Tyrone got this vintage red cape for me for my birthday in October. I thought I would get more chances to wear it this winter but the snow has failed to land much in Utah. I'm not complaining, I hate the snow as much as I hate Taylor Swift but when you have a gorgeous red cape like this you kind of want a reason to wear it. This last Saturday I didn't want to let go another day just sitting in my closet so I thew it on and some red lipstick. I thought it deserved a full outfit post of its very own.

Still horribly awkward.

I am happy to report that this photo sesh didn't induce any marital problems like some have in the past.

shirt: vintage 80's houndstooth pattern (beyond thrilled to find this top)
skinny zipper jeans: black Joes found for $7 brand new
shoes: old custom chucks from 2008 with my nickname on them
red vintage cape: thrifted birthday gift
necklace: vintage

 
Jay Z is loving the cape too

lipstick on teeth


3 comments:

kendahl a. said...

That shirt? LOVE. And that cape? Reminds me of Mary Poppins. I've never even seen that movie the whole way through so I'm not sure why, but it does. Perfect with the red lipstick!

Messy said...

Love it!!!! You look lovely in red!!!
Cheers,
Messy

The Fashion Philosophy said...

So pretty! We love this look! You styled it perfectly! So classically chic!

PS. We've a DORIS giveaway on our blog! Check it out, if you'd like! :)

ox from NYC,
-davie+erica

LPFashionPhilosophy