July 29, 2013

Essie nail polish


I'm going against standard blogger protocol by posting this negative review about Essie nail polish. How dare I, you say? Well, I haven't really been one to follow the herd unless it's something I actually really like/love. Or should I say "adore/swoon/obsessed" with?

Please forgive my bitterness I'm taking out my issues with work on this post.

I've had this green polish of Essie's for about a month now and have worn it a few different times. Every time I wear it (or ANY Essie nail polish color) it chips so easily and doesn't go-on easily either. First, the color is not very pigmented, even though it does look fantastic in the bottle, I had to get five coats to get it to go on this color. It doesn't dry very quickly and begins to gloop after a few uses. I've had this same problem with other colors of their's as well. They make gorgeous colors, don't get me wrong, but I never tend to use one more than just twice after purchasing and that doesn't sit well with me.

Here is a more accurate depiction of what the color actually is. The color is 3014 Shake Your $$ Maker. It's the perfect color of green which makes me so sad. See - a lovely, perfect shade of green. I hate most green nail polishes but actually really love this color. Too bad.

2 comments:

kendahl a. said...

I only have 1 Essie polish and I got it for free. I haven't even used it yet. But I think they are too expensive for what you get! I'd rather get an Indie-brand polish for that cost. They do have great colors though. Sorry your green is no bueno!

Kristen said...

I've never bought it because of the price. Glad to know I'm not missing anything!!