This is more of a makeover than I DIY I suppose. I bought this for the frame because I love a gorgeous gold, ornate frame. The art inside was horrible in my taste. I was feeling good today and wanted to get my hands dirty and finally create something.
I'm going against standard blogger protocol by posting this negative review about Essie nail polish. How dare I, you say? Well, I haven't really been one to follow the herd unless it's something I actually really like/love. Or should I say "adore/swoon/obsessed" with?
Please forgive my bitterness I'm taking out my issues with work on this post.
I've had this green polish of Essie's for about a month now and have worn it a few different times. Every time I wear it (or ANY Essie nail polish color) it chips so easily and doesn't go-on easily either. First, the color is not very pigmented, even though it does look fantastic in the bottle, I had to get five coats to get it to go on this color. It doesn't dry very quickly and begins to gloop after a few uses. I've had this same problem with other colors of their's as well. They make gorgeous colors, don't get me wrong, but I never tend to use one more than just twice after purchasing and that doesn't sit well with me.
Here is a more accurate depiction of what the color actually is. The color is 3014 Shake Your $$ Maker. It's the perfect color of green which makes me so sad. See - a lovely, perfect shade of green. I hate most green nail polishes but actually really love this color. Too bad.
1. First off, we are finally in our NEW PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!! It deserves a FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!! 9 months we bit the bullet and lived with my parents. We were able to accomplish a few goals and ONE large one while we were there so I'm content with the decision we made. We did, we're alive, we didn't kill each other and in the end it made us all a little closer.
2. Being back in Salt Lake County has been too perfect so far. There was even a stabbing at the Smiths in our honor to welcome us back home. Perfect.
3. My favorite shirt right now.
4. I am in love with our new place. We're finally in a two bedroom again and it's really nice too. It's not a walk-up, it has an elevator which came in handy when we moved all of our crap into it. The underground parking is nice too. We've worked really hard, both of us, at our jobs, Tyrone's schooling, our side-gigs and our personal lives so I'm not ashamed to brag about where we're at now. We're in a good place.
5. This morning we had a few revelations that came to us that we are so happy and relieved about. It's nice to finally have a little positive motivation right now.
6. I'm so thankful to my parents for what they did for us letting us live with them for as long as we did. I will never be able to repay them. I just love them so much.
7. We finally tried Utah's first Dunkin' Donuts.
Right now I have Sunday night anxiety so I'm going to go eat some ice cream and watch Dexter.