August 8, 2014
Can u tell I'm a tad bored? I've posted three times today. I'm sitting on the couch watching Fred breathe. I would be working on my shop but when I tried to do that he wouldn't relax. So I sit and occasionally rub the cutest belly in the world. Oh, I'm also watching Angel.
Since I've managed to keep my fingers out of my mouth since Sunday I decided to take advantage. We'll see how long this lasts until the next anxiety driven buffet fest occurs.
2. Firecracker lacquer - Crawlin' Queen
(I didn't really need a base coat with Crawling Queen. It's perfect on its own)
Thursday he was scheduled to be neutered and have his teeth cleaned. I know, it's a standard procedure but I was a nervous wreck all week. He hasn't been put under anesthesia since he got hit by the car a few years ago. I had to take him in to the vet around 7am. They didn't start his surgery until around 6pm. I had to be at work all day wondering what the hell was going on. But, once I finally got an update from them they told me they held off all day so that they could give him all of their attention. That made me feel better even if it was total crap. Once they had made the chop to the balls the docter called me while he was still under to give me a status. That was when she told me that when they started cleaning his teeth his mouth smelled like sewage. Her exact words. She said he had an extreme case of periodontic sacks and gingivitis. She said dogs start out with 40 teeth and that Fred had lost 15 already and that he needed 9 of them pulled. She also said this was very common for flat nosed breeds and that she deals with this on a daily basis. I gave consent for them to go ahead and pull them. As much of a shock it was to hear that I knew waiting would only make it worse. I didn't hear back from them until 9:45pm. Right before they finally called back was when I started to freak the fuck out. I thought because it was taking so long that had to mean something was wrong. I'm glad I was wrong. He ended up doing great but they wanted to keep him overnight for observation. It's always strange spending time away from him because when I'm home he is always by my side no matter what.
Right now he's by my side sleeping recovering nicely. I picked him up this morning certain that he would hate me for leaving him at that place all day. He jumped right up to me when they brought him out and licked my entire face almost right off. He acted like nothing happened. He has his moments where he looks very groggy but then he'll get up and want to play fetch. I'm supposed to keep him calm for 10 days. Ha! That should be interesting.
August 5, 2014
1. My brother called me Sunday night to make sure I was watching Wrestlemania 30 on regular TV. I had just walked into the house from grocery shopping (stupid adult responsibilities) so I had missed seeing The Rock, Hulk Hulgan and Stone Cold Steve Austin drink a beer together in the ring. Fuck! I was so pissed I missed that. Wrestlemania is ALWAYS on pay-per-view and I haven't had a desire to fork out money for it in more than 15 years. As kids, being able to see it on pay-per-view was a big treat because we didn't have cable. 10 min later after his initial call my brother calls me back to see if I'm watching The Undertaker make his entrance. We were like One Direction fans texting over their latest music video. Once the The Undertaker's match was over and I mean OVER because he lost to Cauliflower Ears (Brock Lesnar), my brother called me back AGAIN to express his displeasure with the match. It was a pure sibling bonding moment.
2. We saw Hercules the Sunday after it came out. I can't remember exactly when it was because my days are blurring together. I made sure we saw it in Imax 3D and it was worth it. I don't care what anyone else says about it. I liked it a lot! The archer ginger chick in it was awesome!
3. I can't believe it's August already. This morning it felt like Fall because it has been raining here like crazy. I was instantly filled with mixed emotions.
4. My shop has been busier lately and that makes me happy. I was going to do a post on what I have added lately but half of it has sold, so it wouldn't have mattered anyways. I have a ton more items to add though. I'm so slow at editing pictures, writing descriptions, measuring garments....OK I'm slow at all of it.
5. I STILL HAVE NOT SEEN GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. I went camping this weekend with my family up Diamond Fork in Spanish Fork Canyon. I only had minor hand-held device withdrawals. The first night was THE WORST I almost cried. No sleep, noises, ear wigs, box elder bugs, pretty much just all of the camping accoutrement that comes along with the miserable activity.
7. We have been loving watching The Strain on Sundays on FX. It's SOOOO good!!