October 10, 2013

7 Things

1. I started watching the new American Horror Story, Coven. I love it. This coming from the person who couldn't finish the first season because it scared me so bad. I don't know if it was because it was because I started watching it when we lived with my parents and it is about the house being haunted or what. I like scary stuff but this was too much for me. I hope it's not old age getting to me. Anyway, I do really like that it's about witches this season.

2. Speaking about getting older I turned 35 on Monday. That's about all there is to say about that. I'm 35 now. 35. Thuurrrdeeee fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiv-uh.

3. I'm supposed to be blogging about Halloween stuff like I said I would but I don't know when I'll get around to doing that.

4. A few weeks ago we had a fire in our apartment building. It happened on a Sunday when Fred and I were home alone. I stepped out for about an hour is all and I came home to the alarm sounding in the entire complex and everyone standing outside all freaked out and scared. I got nervous because I knew Fred was all alone up in our place so I asked someone how bad it was and just then someone else said to just hurry and run up and grab him. It was all dramatic. You should have seen me running up the stairwell like a maniac while everyone else was running down the stairs. When I finally got to our place Fred was in there ears back and shaking at the door. I felt horrible, like I never wanted to leave him alone ever again. The alarm system heightened the drama of what was actually going on though. It was so loud it hurt your ears and it shuts down all of the elevators and closes the doors to all of the lobbies. You could smell burning food and see smoke coming out of the window of the apartment where the fire started from. After a few hours we were able to go back in and as far as I can tell there was only damage to that apartment and no others. Thanks God for renters insurance though, am I right?

5. Have you seen This is the End? It's pretty damn funny. World War Z? It was anxiety ridden, but good.

6. I've been toying with the idea of trying to go to the haunted circus here. I've avoided it the last few years, because, you know, CLOWNS! But, I kind of want to put myself through torture this year. I must not be getting enough love from my parents...ha!

7. I need to start my Halloween costume. It might turn out cool or might just end up looking like a large, round, pink powder puff.

3 comments:

deanna@delirious-rhapsody said...

i am SO excited for this season of american horror story. i always get happy to see previous cast members in the next season.

kendahl a. said...

I saw a commercial for Coven and it made me want to watch it, bad! Glad to hear it's good. I will have to set my DVR.

I'm so glad Fred was okay! That is so scary.

Both This Is The End and World War Z are on my list of movies to watch soon.

I went to the Haunted Circus last weekend. It was way less creepy this year than it was last year. The most anxious I got was in line because they play this Rob Zombie song with a music video they made that's just clowns. But still, yes, clowns.

Are you going as Kirby? Because that's what I thought of with your descriptors.

Unknown said...

"Coven" seems to have major promise! I really loved the 1st episode! Last season had some really great moments but it was mostly just OK. There was just waaaay too much going on.

Poor Fred! And you! I'm so glad it all worked out OK. <3

I haven't seen This is the End, but I really want to. I liked World War Z! I haven't read the book though. My friend Janna loved the book and hated the movie. Chooch cried at the end!

You maybe be thurdddeeeeee fivvvvvvvveeeee-uh, but you look 21!