July 13, 2008

Ready for my pocket protector


I have to say how proud I am of myself. I have read 5 books in 6 weeks. I don't think I read that many books from 7th grade -all of the way up until I was 28. I've always hated reading unless it was poetry or magazines. I started by finishing up the Posie GraemeEvans trilogy with The Uncrowned Queen. Then off I was to Hairstyles of the Damned by Joe Meno which was pretty fun. One of my favorite co-workers suggested I read The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls--I loved it!! It was so good to read something I could relate to openly and honestly. My mom gave me Save Me From Myself by Head from Korn. I like Korn but really didn't really like the book although it has a great message I won't take that away from him. To end my book reading spree I read A Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. It was so strange and totally out of my realm but I am very glad that I read it. He was an incredible writer for his time

3 comments:

Jennikunz said...

books are cool! I need to set a sweet reading goal! Good for you!

I would do the 5k but I will still be in Texas on saturday... next time, I will.

Anonymous said...

hairstyles of the damned? what thats about? that reminds me i have that book you gave me to read , guess i better get busy, lol lv ya

Anonymous said...

ps. yur comment about dilley was sooo sweet yep hes goin to be proposing soon , he does seem to young but hes been thru alot in his life , ya know and at least he has a sis like you to be there for him,cuz you rock!!