July 7, 2009

Take Me Back to Our Honeymoon

We had the best Honeymoon! Click on the title bar if you want to see all of our pics. We got some pretty SICK pics. I am pretty proud of them. I want to be back there. 


Crystal Cove Beach


Balboa Island

Newport Beach


Huntington Beach

Freemont Street Old Vegas Strip








We spent a lot of time on the beach. The first day we fell asleep in our clothes on the beach in Huntington Beach and got some crazy sunburns. We stayed in Irvine, CA at a super nice hotel that Ty's mom hooked us up with. I had no idea how nice Irvine was. Irvine is right next to Newport Beach so we hung out there a lot. We drove around Balboa Island and now I wish I lived there. The last day in Cali we found Crystal Cove State Beach and it was so cool. It's like an old school beach that reminded me of the movie Gidget. I have to admit I was a little scared to go in the water for two reasons: 1. There was a lot of seaweed and 2. Sharks. In the movie Gidget she almost drowns because she gets stuck in a bunch of seaweed so I kept thinking of that. I am scared of seaweed - I know that sounds so lame but I am. I am also terrified of sharks which is why I will never go skuba diving. That and the whole breathing under water thing is so strange to me. Once I get either of those two things in my head I have a hard time going in the water. The thing is, I LOVE the ocean yet it is the once thing that scares me the most. I also am scare of really big boats like ships and things like that. OK! Enough of talking about what I am chicken shit of. 

In Vegas the first night we both got to do whatever we wanted with a designated amount of cash we each split. Ty chose to enter a Poker tournament at the MGM and I went shopping. So, I walked around the strip and found the best deals while Ty was waiting to lose his money fast. I'm not a fan of gambling but Ty loves it. Our last day in Vegas we just did the tourist stuff; walked around, ate, shopped and ate some more.

These are some of the things I picked up and some things I took with me to wear. 


Shirt – Obesity and Speed – Nothing Sacred, Urban Outfitters (this shirt is the star of my shopping spree I wanted it forever ago while I was wedding planning and couldn’t find it anywhere. Low and behold it was on a sale rack for the perfect price.

Capris – BKE jeans – The Buckle (I hate The Buckle with a passion but I love these capris that I borrowed from my mom). They were so comfortable – seriously.

Shoes – Converse All Stars

Flip-flops – Old Navy

Handbag – French Connection

Tote – Metro Park

Earrings – H&M. Can I just say that they are completely overrated? I have dreamed of finally going into an H&M for years and I finally get to go inside one and actually spend money and I didn’t buy much at all. I didn’t think they were any more spectacular than Forever 21 and the quality fits the price. I’m just saying. Maybe I just went to the wrong store on the wrong day.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for this! Your Polaroid pictures are amazing. I'm loving them. The first pic of you and Ty, the one of the Ferris wheel and the one of the cowgirl are my faves. The honeymoon sounds perfect!

I think you went to the wrong H&M on the wrong day. The ones in NY are amazing. Even my mom likes them (and that's saying something)LOL!

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a wonderful hoonymoon, p.s. im glad you liked the capris hahaha oxxoox lv mom

brandy-son Zen master flash said...

Thank Shelby and Mom! It was all so wonderful.

I would die to go to H&M in NY.