I've had this compact for quite some time and it has definitely served it's purpose, but it had started to lose some of the jewels on it. They were beginning to pop off pretty easily so I just went at it pretty hardcore (insert your perverted sexual innuendo here) with my big stick (I can't stop) that technically meant to push my cuticles back.
Before I removed all of the jewels I had planned to paint it black, but since Luck wasn't being a total c-word it turns out it was already black underneath. So, all I had to do was whip out my trusty white paint pen and draw my design. At this point, if you've been following this blog for awhile, you're probably thinking I'm having an affair with my white paint pen because all of my DIY's pretty much involve it and I can safely tell you that although we haven't gone all-the-way, we HAVE had fantastic cuddle sessions. Tyrone has been so busy as of late he hasn't even noticed the pen laying between us in bed at night.
After I removed all of the jewels there was some sticky residue left and I just removed that with some goo-be-gone and nail polish remover. The nail polish helped the paint stick better too. I finished it off with a coat of glossy modge-podge.
I know my design is a bit self-absorbed but I don't care.