1. We're having issues with our 6 year-old Malm Ikea bed. It has served a good purpose for the cost. A year or two back we replaced the inner bed support (which was a bunch of piece of crap wooden slats) with two pieces of plywood. They were working great until lately. The bed has started bellowing out when you get on it which makes the plywood slide off leaving us sleeping in a hole. It has been giving both of us back issues so we decided to take out the plywood and inner metal lips/edges. The malm bed is already a low to the ground style bed so we're essentially sleeping on the floor in a box. It's like a coffin. My back feels better but I've been having nightmares of being buried alive.
2. In Seattle we went to Piroshky's Bakery in Pike Place Market mostly because they were the only place still open when we finally arrived. We ordered a baked apple pastry and a cheese and meat bun. I have not stopped thinking about that cheese and meat roll/bun thingy since we ate it. It was one of the best things I've ever eaten. Even the baked apple pastry was spectacular. I'm not a fan of apple pie, but this wasn't even close to the best homemade apple pie. It was a whole apple baked in a pastry with this cream on top and nuts. I'm seriously drooling all over my keyboard right now.
3. My nails have been shit lately.
4. Excited for this long weekend but not excited that Tyrone has to work on the 4th and Saturday.
5. I WANT TO GO TO FANTASY CON!
6. I really want to learn how to kayak but since I have no core I'm not sure how well that will go over.
7. I'm happy to report that all of my laundry is clean and 80% folded and put away. I can't remember the last time this happened.
Happy Independence Day weekend!