August 18, 2015

7 Things

1. Last week we spent two whole nights creating environmentally ethical dubsmash videos and sending them back and forth between me, Tyrone, my brother and his wife. It was one of the most fun times I’ve had. Tyrone got us started on it and began sending them to my brother on our group text. My brother in his ever charming way started sending us videos back, yet he had created his own version of dubsmash called “dillsmash” (his name is Dillen) by making his wife hold up the camera for him while he pushed play on the sounds from his iPad. I was dying. I could not stop laughing. Finally, he figured out it was much easier using the app and we were in for some sweet-ass lyp-syncing the rest of the night. It’s funny how addicting it is when you have people you can send them to. In related news, it wasn't until yesterday that I realized I was calling it dubmash not dubsmash.
 2. Friday night we went to dinner and a movie, I guess some may call that “date night.” I NEVER call it that, probably because I don’t think of it like that when Tyrone and I go out. Maybe because we go out a lot. Anyways, we tried this new place called Zao Café and I fell immediately in major-heart-eyes with it. It’s simple Asian food and they have Vietnamese iced coffee that has taken over my life. We liked it so much we went back the next day for lunch. It was weeks overdue but the movie we saw was Antman and I fell in love with that too but mostly because I’m already in love with Paul Rudd. On our way to dinner I was checking FB and got one of the “memory” reminders and exactly six years ago I was watching I Love You Man and gushing over it online. PAUL RUDD IS IN THAT MOVIE. In 2009 I was, apparently, a very active FB user. It was much more fun back then. Now it’s becoming like tumblr but for your mom.
 
(I hope this video works here; first time trying it out)
3. We made our own version of Pina Coladas Saturday night that consisted of Trader Joes Pineapple juice (the best shit ever), coconut water, ice (obviously), coconut crème, blended and topped with homemade whipped cream. WAIT! I forgot about the rum. It was quite refreshing after a long day of shopping.
 4. Sunday we went for a ride down Provo Canyon Trail. I wore a hat and glasses and still got sunburned on my forehead. I have no idea how that happened. I blame the smokey air we’re having due to the west coast wild fires. My allergies are not happy about any of it. Our air here is so bad you would think we were having our own crazy wild fires but surprisingly we have had a low fire season…and that news tidbit was brought to you by Utah’s newest anchorwoman, Brandy Franklin. Never heard of her.
 5. Our life pretty much still revolves around our puppies and potty breaks even though I went out with my friend Jamie last night. I talked her ear off in the restaurant parking lot while she wiggled around trying not to piss herself.
 6. I am on one today. I can’t tell if it’s because I’m getting sick or what.
 7. I’m so ready for Halloween!!! “This is Halloween, This is Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

1 comment:

kendahl a. said...

And now I want a pina colada.

My allergies are pissed as fuck, too. I haven't worn contacts in two weeks because the thought of anything else in there fucking with my eyes is just too much.

I am ready for Halloween, too. But I still want it to be warm. Can we have summer Halloween AND fall Halloween?