August 18, 2015

DIY End Tables - what's that you say?

When we were living with my parents I helped my dad trim the big tree in their front yard. I want to say we did it for Mother’s Day because it was something my mom requested. I tried looking for the old post because I swear I wrote about the tables already. I wanted to see if I could find the before picture I took, but maybe I dreamt the entire post up. That would make sense considering my erratic blogging scheduling.

We got a little side-tracked and started making tables with the leftover logs. I say “we” but really I held on to things while my dad did all of the work. Since then they have been sitting in my parent’s basement “drying out” waiting for me to do something with them. I finally figured it out and came up with this.


I sanded them down but I didn’t want to completely remove the chainsaw marks. I took the bark off of two legs and left one au natural for both tables. Then I painted two legs, one white and one hot pink. Finally, I put a clear protective coat on top.

I wish I would have taken pics with my real camera and not just my cell phone but I wouldn't be a mediocre blogger if I had thought ahead.



1 comment:

kendahl a. said...

You could seriously sell these. I don't want to think about what a nightmare shipping one would be, but I bet they would sell like crazy.