October 9, 2011

Blood Splatter Mani



Dexter inspired blood splatter manicure perfect for Halloween.

I bought white & red polish one day and instantly blood splatter came to mind. I wasn't going to buy another Essie brand polish but they had the best color of red. I just felt like I needed to explain myself since I complained about it before. I still don't get the hype though.

After I let two coats of the white polish dry completely I drop a few red polish drops on each nail and spread it around with a bobby pin. It was a little time consuming because I did one nail at a time. Once the red polish dried I finished it off with a clear top coat.
Hope you're Halloween is coming a long nicely!

*This past weekend was my birthday and I have a few things to blog about it. It was a really good time and so thankful for the family I have. Also, my husband really is the best. That's enough mushy stuff for now.

4 comments:

kendahl a. said...

I just tried to do this on my toes. Your red is definitely better than the red I used, and I did it over black, so you can barely see it. I'll post a picture one of these days.

Illustrated Ink said...

This is RAD. Love me some Dexter blood spatter! Thanks for sharing!

Also, happy belated birthday!

Charlotte said...

Sweet! These look fantastic!

Kristen said...

Awesome. Never thought of anything like that!