March 4, 2013

Sparkly Batman {a DIY ripoff}

I saw this shirt on Chictopia and immediately started drooling, but I don't know if you know this about me but I like spending as little money on things as possible so I decided to make my own.

Here is what I did to start ripping this design off. Notice that I left the circle around the design off because I didn't actually like that part.

I took a long thrifted men's tee, cut a new collar, cut off the sleeves (but not all of the way) and removed the pocket. I outlined the batman mask with chalk and began filling it in with the Tulip glitter and glitter adhesive. I used this brand becuase it stayed flexible even after washing it. I think it was too flexible.

I will say that it didn't turn out exactly the way I had planned and the glitter did not last very long on the shirt. After wearing it a few times and washing it, it didn't stay in tack for very long. It was fun while it lasted.

Before


After
 
 I think my fav part is the collar I cut out (this pic is jacked up)


crop, crop, crop

1 comment:

kendahl a. said...

It is pretty awesome. Sad it didn't hold up for long.