August 5, 2014

7 Things

1. My brother called me Sunday night to make sure I was watching Wrestlemania 30 on regular TV. I had just walked into the house from grocery shopping (stupid adult responsibilities) so I had missed seeing The Rock, Hulk Hulgan and Stone Cold Steve Austin drink a beer together in the ring. Fuck! I was so pissed I missed that. Wrestlemania is ALWAYS on pay-per-view and I haven't had a desire to fork out money for it in more than 15 years. As kids, being able to see it on pay-per-view was a big treat because we didn't have cable. 10 min later after his initial call my brother calls me back to see if I'm watching The Undertaker make his entrance. We were like One Direction fans texting over their latest music video. Once the The Undertaker's match was over and I mean OVER because he lost to Cauliflower Ears (Brock Lesnar), my brother called me back AGAIN to express his displeasure with the match. It was a pure sibling bonding moment.

2. We saw Hercules the Sunday after it came out. I can't remember exactly when it was because my days are blurring together. I made sure we saw it in Imax 3D and it was worth it. I don't care what anyone else says about it. I liked it a lot! The archer ginger chick in it was awesome!

3. I can't believe it's August already. This morning it felt like Fall because it has been raining here like crazy. I was instantly filled with mixed emotions. 

4. My shop has been busier lately and that makes me happy. I was going to do a post on what I have added lately but half of it has sold, so it wouldn't have mattered anyways. I have a ton more items to add though. I'm so slow at editing pictures, writing descriptions, measuring garments....OK I'm slow at all of it.

5. I STILL HAVE NOT SEEN GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. I went camping this weekend with my family up Diamond Fork in Spanish Fork Canyon. I only had minor hand-held device withdrawals. The first night was THE WORST I almost cried. No sleep, noises, ear wigs, box elder bugs, pretty much just all of the camping accoutrement that comes along with the miserable activity.

7. We have been loving watching The Strain on Sundays on FX. It's SOOOO good!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have fond memories of watching wrestling stuff when I was a kid! I always loved the Undertaker ;)

Man, I have to give The Strain another chance. I watched the first episode and thought it was pretty great for the most part, but then ADD kicked in and I forgot to watch it again.

That's fucking awesome that your shop is doing so well!