August 25, 2014

Summer Vacation 2014 - Portland


Before we actually made it to Portland we drove up to Multnomah Falls. It was raining pretty hard but that just made it that much more perfect. I have to brag that not a single photo taken at the falls was edited because that is how beautiful it is there.




Aaand besides the very hipster, trendy Jupiter Hotel we stayed in there really wasn't much to say about Portland except they changed my mind about gourmet donuts and I could have taken a zillion pictures because there is something awesome to look at on every corner. I mean artistic things, street art, random art, concert posters plastered to telephone poles, etc. People here think I would love Portland because I'm considered "weird" in Utah and I do love coconut water but I have a secret....I don't recycle. Aaaahhhhh!!! Our hotel room had little recycle bins that I didn't know what to do with and soap with a hole in it because somehow putting a hole in soap is saving our planet. #IDK. Meanwhile, all of the cool kids that eat all of the right things and recycle their micro brewery glass bottles are outside smoking because nicotine is great for Mother Nature (she probably smokes too) and REALLY great for those they stick their noses up at to breath in. That's right, I'm revealing the secret hipster conspiracy of how they kill their enemies by second-hand smoke. Fucking snobby geniuses.

Now that I've said way more than I planned...(it's almost midnight here)
 
 
I wanted the bat hook quite terrible but they were closed #sadface
 
we needed something to balance out all of the sugar
 

2 comments:

kendahl a. said...

Multnomah Falls is possibly the prettiest place I have ever been. I absolutely love it.

That bat hook is so freaking cool!

Erin Honestly said...

OK, all of these photos are ridiculously gorgeous and lush, but I really really really love the first one! It's such a cool shot.

Portland and Seattle have been on my must-see list for so long, and your trip recaps are making me want to go RIGHT NOW!

I keep hearing that Pittsburgh is being touted as the "new Portland," so......keep us in mind! ;) We have lots of quirky weirdness here too, but with the bonus of there being not as many hipsters. (We still have some though, ugh.)