November 3, 2012

DIY Skull Patches!


My original plan for my old hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil tee was to just revamp it it's self  but my first attempt didn't go so well. It was starting to get sort of dingy because I wore it so much. I wanted to cut up both sides of the tee and and add lace each side but I could not get it to work no matter how hard I tried. Ok, confession, I didn't try that hard, I tried putting lace up one side and ended up gluing the wrong sides together and totally ruined the shape of the shirt. I couldn't totally let it go tot waist so I decided to make patches out the skulls and add them to a hoodie. I couldn't find the right hoodie to add them to but I did find this fleece peacoat at the goodwill and it was only $6 so I decided to march on with it. Besides, fleece is nice for cold weather and it really is one cozy jacket. The jacket is originally from mold navy.

This is not a Halloween jacket. I plan on wearing this till I hate it. I did wear it a lot in October so I think people thought it was for that but it isn't. Fools.

Here's a couple before shots of the jacket.

This gist: take a tee shirt that has a graphic on it that you love and cut it out, then either sew that straight on to whatever you want be it a jacket, another tee, a tote, or some cut-offs. You can make into a real patch by adding iron on adhesive to the back of it like I did here, here, and here.

 I cut out my skulls and added some backing to to make them appear really white and then I used fabric-tac glue to add them to a dark gray colored fabric to give them more dimension. Lastly, I pinned them in place where I wanted them then started sewing away.
{I didn't sew them in proper order...oh well.}

still some of my favs:
DIY Punk Vest
Tee Revamp - John Cusack's face
DIY Chevron Tee

3 comments:

kendahl a. said...

So flipping cute. I love it!

emily said...

Hi there, where abouts was the shirt from? I've been trying to find a skull see, hear, speak no evil shirt with all the images on the front for so long but have only come across ones with 2 of the images on the front and the other on the back!

brandy-son Zen master flash said...

Hi Emily - it was from Urban Outfitters quite a few years ago.