June 13, 2012

Botched Bleach Job - Tee Shirt DIY

Found this tee at the thrift store, it's really soft cotton and perfect for a botched bleach job. Bleaching shit is sure fun stuff. This is similar to the galaxy tee I did but with just bleach and only a little bit of blue dye. I wanted a bit more of a bleached worn look than just another galaxy style. I have to say that I actually cut the neck off of this the first day I wore it because my double chins like to breathe.
1. old tee
2. bottle of bleach - squirt all over the shirt in desired areas
3. soak in a bowl of cool water with a small amount of laundry detergent (this helps sets the bleach so that it won't fade or bleed when you wash it later with other articles of clothing and it also helps not having it stank of bleach for days.)
4. rinse well and let dry

Easy DIY for a quick, casual Summer outfit.


1 comment:

kendahl a. said...

This is badass! I will be doing this, asap.