January 19, 2010

Necklace Re-vamp!

I took a plain black beaded necklace and turned it into two necklaces that fit better with my taste. If you want to try this, all you need is one regular beaded necklace and some ribbon. Take a part the old necklace and re-string them on to nice ribbon of your choice. That's pretty much the gist of it. You do need beads that have good size openings to be able to string them on to ribbon. You can also add any other decorative beads that you like. Tie the ribbon in the back and you're good-to-go. What I did to keep the beads from sliding around was I tied the ribbon in knots on each side of the beads.

Before: (if you can't tell this isn't the actual necklace I used but pretty darn close)

A few after pics:


Now I can wear them separate or together to work or just rock'em with a plain tee and jeans. The one with the rosette is my own version of the statement necklaces I am seeing every where.

{Someday I will learn how to take better pictures.}

This necklace I just wanted to show off. I got the red glass snake on discount at Michaels then hung it on some faux gold chain. It was super cheap and easy-smeezy.


No comments: