January 5, 2010

lyriKs I'm liKing and some


I'm naked

I'm numb
I'm stupid
I'm staying
And if Cupid's got a gun, then he's shootin'

Lights black
Heads bang
You're my drug
We live it
You're drunk, you need it
Real love, I'll give it

So we're bound to linger on
We drink the fatal drop
Then love until we bleed
Then fall apart in parts

You wasted your times
On my heart
You've burned
And if bridges gotta fall, then you'll fall, too

Doors slam
Lights black
You're gone
Come back
Stay gone
Stay clean
I need you to need me

So we're bound to linger on
We drink the fatal drop
Then love until we bleed
Then fall apart in parts

Now we're bound to linger on
We drink the fatal drop
Then love until we bleed
Then fall apart in parts

-Kleerup feat. Lykke Li – Until We Bleed

This song has been on repeat on my Lala playlist for the past few weeks. I am not exactly sure why but I am very fond of the lyrics. There’s something very tranquil yet dark and twisty about it.

The last week of December was probably the hardest yet of the year and not because something really horrible happened – just because. There was something in the air that a lot of us were feeling. Our ever increasing rain clouds formed one giant black cloud that decided to stick around and taunt us just for the hell of it.

This week I’ve been reminding myself that I am excited for 2010.

Self: “2010 is going to be great, 2010 is going to be phenomenal, 2010 is going to rip the face off of 2009 and show him what a kick-ass year is suppose to look like.”

Self: “Okay, got it. Thanks for the pep talk.”

{And these conversations continue through out the rest of my day}

I’m excited for a few things that I have been doing lately and so very thankful for these things that keep my sanity. I finished the blanket I started for my dad and will posting about that tomorrow. It’s a long story that I’m sure will bore the majority of you but hopefully not. I made some necklaces this week that were easy smeezy. One literally took about 5 minutes be to make and the other I used things that were lying around the house. You could call it a necklace re-vamp, if you will. I was finally able to make something for our friend UGLYSHEEP to pay him back for the awesomeness that he has given to us. (here, here and here) I will post about that later this week. I also started a tunnel scarf that I was hoping to have done for Small Town Trap's New Years show that was sadly cancelled. I bought a new outfit for it and everything. Oh well! At least I have some cool new shorts to rock now. Once the tunnel scarf is finished I will post a pic of that too.

Thanks for reading and for sticking around for the crazy things that I go on about here. I am hoping to make some changes in the near (hopefully near) future with my blog and would love for your continued support. I really do love blogging and making an effort to keep this thing updated is something I hope to do for a long time to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i lv reading your thoughts, it connect me in way we dont talk about ,i wuv it xoxo