November 8, 2011

Weekly Confessional


I've been dreaming of eating Thanksgiving dinner ever since the last week of Halloween. Okay, October. October should just be called Halloween Month slash Birthday Month. I also dream of large dinners at perfectly set dinning room tables and smiles on everyone's faces. I don't know why, mostly I blame Martha Stewart, there is just something very calming about the whole facade to me. You know if it really weren't a facade and I'm not reminded what would actually happen if my entire family were to get together. It would be far from perfect, a quality I both adore and one that makes me cringe. Thanksgiving dinner can be a nightmare and lovely all at the same time. We usually end up doing it with both of our families which isn't very relaxing. I can't wait to have a house someday and make them all come to our house. I would of course attempt the perfect feast and extraordinarily decorated table. This makes me all warm and fuzzy and yet stresses me all out at the same time and I remember how thankful I actually am that I don't have a house and am not obligated to host any holidays.

As I was browsing the latest issue of Better Homes I couldn't help but think (after I relieved myself of any jealousy) does anyone have Thanksgiving dinner like this? Is anyone's house this perfectly situated and heart-warming? I'm guessing not so much but if yours is, can I be invited? I just want to experience this once in my life. Just once.

2 comments:

kendahl a. said...

I truly believe no one has a Thanksgiving like that. It's outlandish. What family really gets along that well?

Vapid Vixen said...

For real though? How fucking boring would that be? What the hell would you even talk about?

"Oh Buffy! This sweet potato casserole is simply divine! You MUST give me the recipe".

Piss off! I'm totally bailing on this country for Thanksgiving this year.