March 21, 2010

Let your freak flag fly!

That is the new theme of this blog.

I encourage everyone to embrace their freak flag with in.
{this photo shoot was funny - my husband is a good sport}

Most people are familiar with the lyrics to this song and this phrase has been said in various ways over time so I know this isn't an original idea but I've decided to run with it.

Almost cut my hair
It happened just the other day, it's gettin' kinda long
I could-a said, "It wasn't in my way"
But I didn't and I wonder why
I feel like letting my freak flag fly
Yes I feel like, I owe it to someone
-Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
Almost Cut My Hair (click to see full lyrics)

On the random side; one my favorite movies, Family Stone, (Love Luke Wilson!) quotes this perfectly!

Ben Stone: [to Meredith] You have a freak flag. You just don't fly it.

No comments: