March 23, 2010

Sweat It Out Summer Mixtape

I woke up from a dream the other night where I was this dope underground DJ and this playlist was rockin’ in the background. It was weird seeing Obama there chillin’ with a drink in his hand and Pee Wee Herman was there too – not a bad break dancer either.


Also - since it was 63 degrees on Sunday I have been itchin' for Summer and this mixt is just the thing to get me in the mood.


Horchata – vampire weekend (This is my happy song right now)

Mr. Jones – Counting Crows (I am not the biggest CC fan but this song always puts a smile on my face and will forever do so)

No More Hot Dogs – Hasil Adkins (Best laughing song every)

The Realest Ni**az – 50 cent/B.I.G. (I am DEFINITELY too white to listen to this but I love it)

Breaking it Up – Lykke Li

What I Got – Sublime -

Dress You Up – Madonna

Leader of the Pack – Mapei

Hazel Eyes – The Darkness (let your hair down with this one)

Quiet Dog – Mos Def

Alive – P.O.D.

Vicious – Lou Reed

Pig – Sparklehorse

Closer – Small Town Trap (unreleased)

Gifted – NASA (ft. kanye, santogold, lykke li)

Amber – 311

Sweet Dogs – Trolle//Siebenhaar

The Healer – Erykah Badu

Breathe – Erasure

Created a Monster – B.o.B

Gangsters – The Specials

Skip Divided – Thom Yorke (modeselektor remix)

Hey Soul Sister – Train (their songs don’t the lead singers voice justice – it is SO good)

Imma Be – B.E.P. (I could care less if these guys sold-out I love them)

Stuck in the Middle with You – Gerry Rafferty


Before this list gets too out of control I will stop right here, enjoy.

1 comment:

Jennikunz said...

I freaking love mixed TAPES!!