March 16, 2011

DIY Wire Rings


I like wire and since the valentines XO DIY project I did I have been wanting to do something else with it.

YES I SPELLED FREAK WRONG OH WELL!!!!!!!!!

All you need is:
Wire
Yarn
Scissors
a little bit of glue


Take some wire and measure it around your finger and add a little extra for whatever shape you want to make. My freak ring took about 24 inches of wire and about the same amount of yarn. It may seem like you need a lot of yarn but you don't really need that much because of how tight you wrap it around the wire. It sort of stretches it out.


Take a very small amount of glue (I used a hot glue gun so that it would adhere instantly) to the end of your wire. Start wrapping the yarn around the wire until you reach the end of the wire. I glued the yarn down in various places about 4 or 5 times in all. I made sure to glue the end well.


Now take the yarn wrapped piece of wire and start to make your ring. I started with the ring and ended with the shape. When I did the freak ring I started the word with the letter K and worked my way backwards. It seemed to work out better that way for me. The heart ring was so quick and simple. You could make a star or any other word that fits you.






Click HERE for more DIY projects - remember you can always click on the DIY banner just like the one above at the right hand side of Das Blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummmm is the ring suppose to say FREAK? instead of FRAEK?

Anonymous said...

get BENT above anonymous.....