July 12, 2011

DIY Wedding Notion - Feather Boutonnieres


DIY Feather & Tissue Paper boutonnieres.
I made ours WEEKS before the big day which was so nice to get them out of the way long before any other plans were made. I knew what I wanted. I knew that I didn't want fresh flowers, feathers and stripped ribbon. I wasn't sure about the tissue paper but I'm glad I added it.

Tissue paper
floral tape
feathers
ribbon
pins

1. arrange feathers and tissue paper
2. hold together with floral tape
3. wrap with ribbon
4. pin back to secure on the boys suits

These pictured below were my main inspiration - in fact I drooled over pictures of this wedding for months while planning mine, it just looked so magical and perfect.

Check at Elsie's recent wedding and what she did with hers. Great minds think alike but I love the colors of hers better than mine I think.

Check out more of our handmade wedding here.

If you're interested check out our DIY Save-the-dates too!

So far this week it was been a major blast for me - thanks for sticking with me if DIY isn't your thing. Something fun on Friday should keep you interested.

Some pictures of the boutonnieres in action
Onslo (my dad) walking me down the isle - and my FIL (he's the one caught with the awkward face) in the background with his on too

4 comments:

Vapid Vixen said...

That was such a fun day. You looked so gorgeous and radiant. I'm glad I got to be there.

kendahl a. said...

Has anyone ever told you that you're gorgeous? Because you are.

We won't be in town for your Dad's party this weekend but tell him Happy Birthday for us!

Unknown said...

I always enjoy seeing pics of your wedding. You made such a gorgeous bride!

And you're right--Tyrone's dad does kind of look like that guy I posted on my blog a few weeks ago.

brandy-son Zen master flash said...

Thanks Dawn - glad you were there too!!

Kendahl - I'm sure my dad will be very upset you won't be there that is if he had any feelings he might. You're too nice doll - thank you so much for everything!

Erin - thanks lady, but you might encourage me to keep posting more then. If my FIL were a little less gray on top that dude on your blog and him could be twins.