July 6, 2011

Fertility 101

... according to africans and some white people, so I'm learning. All you need is one of these bad boys.

If you follow me on twitter (@Letting_It_Fly) you already know that I received a fertility necklace in the mail from my cousin in Reno. She swears by this thing. She sent it with such a sweet note so I have to give it a try. My mom commented on one of my recent Weekly Confessionals that I would be receiving it soon but that in no way was she going to touch it. I thought she was referring to the "magical" "freaky" "satanic" side as to why she wouldn't touch it knowing her. Turns out she just didn't want to end up with child in her tied tubed state. Silly mom. A frickin miracle no doubt would have to happen.

Back to the story, this necklace was given to my cousin by her grandfather where he picked it up on a trip from Africa. After he gave it to her she got pregnant with twins. Two other friends of hers who borrowed it got pregnant and after she sent it to some other cousins their adoption went through. Sounds pretty convincing enough. She said you don't even have to wear it that just having it in your house will work. It came in a little black pouch and she said it was a bit tarnished because she wasn't about to touch it again. She is so funny. One of those distant relatives you never see but instantly bond with in just the few moments you have together. I'm suppose to send it back when its done its job.

We'll see.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

3 comments:

kendahl a. said...

Haha your Mom is a crack-up. It'd be some sort of scary modern miracle for her to get pregnant! LOL

Anyway, I hope it works for you. I know you really want a little and I know you would be a rocking Mom, so you deserve it.

Vapid Vixen said...

Stranger things have happened. Fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

*lol* Don't tell MY mum about this. We just went to Ikea the other day and when she saw the little furiture for kids, she unmistakebly told me to make sure she'll have some grandchildren any time soon.

I wish you the best of luck that it works!